It's raining today!
This week has been really hard for me, and so when I woke up to the rain this morning it was very welcome. Rain reminds me that there's always hope, that things can be restored, and that even when life looks gloomy the sun will come out. I may come off as weird for finding so much significance in something so simple as rain but please bear with me.
I think that things need to be cleansed before they can get better. When it rains the drops of water slowly cleanse the air of pollution. When it stops raining the air is a lot cleaner and safer to breathe, right? In the same way we need to be cleansed of the "pollution" in our lives in order for things to get better. I think that rain can be different things depending on the person but one thing is true, we all need the rain.
When it's raining, it's often easy to forget that the sun will come out again (at least for me). But I know that after every rain shower the sun always came out. Even if it took a week, the sun was always there behind the clouds waiting for the right moment to peak out. And when the sun does come out everything looks so fresh and new, because of the rain. I think I'm going to have to work on applying this to my life. I'm in a storm right now and I'm having trouble believing that the sun will come out again. But as proven in nature again and again, the sun will come out. I just have to wait.
Well, today's rain has bestowed upon me blessings and inspiration. I hope that it has blessed you too.
peace, sparrow
No comments:
Post a Comment